To facilitate the Government and RYA advice for Track and Trace and to enable the Challenge to operate without a Beachmaster for tallying purposes we are introducing a tracking system supplied by SailRacer. It is required in the sailing instructions that the following instructions are followed.
The tracker should be downloaded for the following
- a) One tracker logged on to the system on every keelboat from the moment they leave their mooring
- b) One tracker logged on to the system on every dinghy from the moment they leave the Beach
- c) One tracker logged on to the system on every MFOB from the moment they leave their mooring
You can Stop tracking when you return.
The mobile phone used is the responsibility of the owner and it is their responsibility to protect the unit from loss or damage.
Each phone is assigned to the app through a tracker code. Currently the code is assigned to the telephone number advised on the entry booking.
To download the App follow the instructions below;
- 1)Please download the Sailracer app from
- a.Android https://enter.sailracer.org/app Or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sailracer.sailracerapp
- 2)Open the Sailracer app
- 3)Find Mersea Challenge as an event, If it is not visible on the screen I searched using the word "challenge" and it appeared.
- 4)Open Mersea Challenge
- 5)Click on the GPS Icon in the top right hand corner
- 6)Enter your tracker code and click Go. (it is case sensitive and once entered you will not need to do it again)
- 7)Click "start" and you will be tracking
- 8)Click "Stop" to stop.
You will see the numbers change when it is working properly
You will be notified of your tracking code a few days before the event.
Last updated 16:15 on 11 August 2020